become a member
join the collective
is this you?
Are you a BIPOC or allied change-agent? Are you a co-conspirator for good? Are you an innovator, a visionary, a healer, a leader or all of the above? Is burnout threatening? Do you need support?
Imagining and building the future while ending cycles of intergenerational trauma and rewiring oppressive systems is hard work! Grind culture may have you thinking that your wellness needs to take a backseat to creating your dream and serving your communities. But what if, simply having an intentional community of care and peer support that keeps your wellbeing top of mind is the real key to accelerating change? We have been testing this hypothesis in networked communities all over the globe for the past 5 years and the answer is clear: #goodgrows #wellnesswins
You need to join the collective
Peer coaching and accountability with a community of new wave leaders.
Deep discounts on tech and other services.
We connect change-makers all over the nation for coaching and mentorship from our peers in community organizing and social entrepreneurship. Built for us, by us, we use our collective and community power to access deep discounts on software and services all change-agents need. We share the legitimacy of our organization to help you grow yours. We keep each other accountable and we make shift happen.
VALUE ALIGNED COMMUNITY
Ongoing facilitated spaces, online and off, for learning and care. Regular visits from thought leaders and influencers in social enterprise and beyond.
CENTERED IN LOVE, EQUITY & WELLNESS
Thought partnership and support on the technology, systems, and rituals all change-agents need. Stay well and make an impact.
WE ARE STRONGER TOGETHER
Discounts to products and services and early insider access to the latest news, goods, gadgets, and global innovations.
DEEP DISCOUNTS &
EARLY ACCESS ON GOOD STUFF
What does it cost?
We curate the resources you need and convene accessible & equity-centered communities where #goodgrows
Way SeekerAll are welcome...
- Make any purchase or donation and delight in a free lite membership for 6 months!
- Membership in our “invite only” communities of care and learning online
- The Annual State of the Swelliverse dispatch with our most popular curated resources from the year
- Exclusive invites to our Annual Holiday Hangout & Swell Summer Solstice Gathering
Way FinderI need community...
- Lock in 2021 subscription rates by enrolling before 6.30.22!
- The Way Seeker member benefits plus
- All of our basic online courses for free
- Premium course offerings at 25% off
- The weekly Collective Huddle open community of care
- The monthly Swell Rising Tide dispatch with discounts, exclusives and #goodgrows news
- Access to the Collective’s Home Port with a curated resource directory and calendar of events.
Way MakerI am ready to level up...
- The Way Finder member benefits plus
- Access to our Swell Slack to stay in touch with the Swell community beyond the noise of social media
- Invites to Swell PopUP events for coworking accountability or spontaneous joy breaks
- Invites to Swell Select Communities for specialized peer support and learning
- All Premium course offerings for free
- One on One Coaching for 50% off
- Access to the full menu of Home Port resources
- Personalized onboarding and a Verified Profile ✔︎ that lets other members know you are the real deal
- Premium discounts with our vetted community partners
Way MinderJoin our Crew
- Volunteers, Interns, Crew and Board members get instant access to all Way Maker membership benefits.
- Recieve coaching and training in the Swell Method – our unique equity-centered facilitator leadership model via our Facilitators Academy
- Earn college or community service credits
- Eligibility for supplemental stipends or scholarships as available
More about what’s good
What are the course offerings for 2022?
The Collective’s Swell School operates on a modified collegiate semester system. While most of the courses are asynchronous, the roll out of courses happens on a semsterly basis. Here is a sample of the current schedule:
Communication Styles (mini)
The Check-in for effective meetings (mini)
Asana & Project Management Basics (mini)
Facilitating the Communication Styles Assessment (premium)
Effective Meetings (premium)
The Shift: Moving from Conflict to Inquiry (premium)
Reiki 101 (mini)
The Check-Out for effective meetings (mini)
Anti-Bias traning for the Workplace (premium)
Facilitator’s Academy (premium)
We the People (premium)
Facilitator’s Academy II (premium)
What does asynchronous mean?
Asynchronous courses are course you can complete on your own time. There are no live class meetings.
What happens at a Collective Huddle?
Member Huddles are facilitated communities of care for our member community. Grounded in our Transformative Space Intentions, all new participants will be invited to affirm the TSI as part of their check in. Members are invited to exchange energy, healing, ideas and inspiration with one another in this peer coaching environment facilitated by Swell Collective facilitators. The agenda is dependent on the needs of participating members and is calibrated in real time to create a safe and responsive space.
What are Swell dispatches?
Swell dispatches are our digital newsletters and ‘zines.
What are Swell Select Communities?
Because of the diversity of experiences and needs in our member community, we have theme, industry, or identity specific groups that offer additional peer support, learning & coaching. Communities in development for 2022 are:
Community Organizers and Activists
BIPOC Consultants & Entrepreneurs
Queer Community of Care
Facilitators Community of Practice & Learning
Geeks Gathering – Tech Coaching Office Hours
Chronic Illness & Disability Community of Care
What are the types of resources available in the Home Port?
Home Port resources include:
Curated reading & media lists featuring BIPOC/Queer/Underrepresented voices
Curated products and services with researched and negotiated discount programs
Curated media asset libraries for your creative projects
The Events calendar
Worksheets, templates and guides to supplement events and courses
Member peer to peer matching for support and collaboration
An easy access portal to all Swell Spaces and Swell School courses
Member services FAQ and chat support
Discounted graphic design services
Discounted Zoom accounts
What are Swell PopUp events?
Swell PopUp events are usually one-off, randomly scheduled, online gatherings to co-work, take a break or tackle a challenge. Collective members can broadcast a PopUp invitiation using @here in our Swell Slack space to invite whomever is available online to meet. We can huddle up on a video conference right in Slack!
Are there any long-term contracts to sign?
Nope! Collective membership is pay as you go and you may cancel at any time. We do offer discounts for annual plans.
What is your refund policy?
If it turns out the Collective Community isn’t for you, you may get a full refund within 30 days of enrollment.
Are there any discounts or funding options available?
We are committed to keeping the Collective accessible to our community. We can invoice your employer or organization to fund your membership, many provide investments in the professional development of their people via programs such as the Collective. We also have some limited scholarships available and offer discounts for annual plans. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.