The Swell Collective is a 501c3 nonprofit corporation registered in the state of California, USA.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The Swell Collective with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- When you leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also an IP address and browser user agent string After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
How will we use your data?
The Swell Collective collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- to help spam detection.
If you agree, The Swell Collective will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services. When The Swell Collective processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data? And how long do we keep it?
The data the Swell Collective collects is securely stored at Bluehost: 1500 N Priest Drive, Suite 200, Tempe, AZ 85281
The Swell Collective will keep your information If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
The Swell Collective would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop The Swell Collective from contacting you for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
The Swell Collective would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request The Swell Collective for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that The Swell Collective correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The Swell Collective to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that The Swell Collective erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that The Swell Collective restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to The Swell Collective’s processing
- of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that The Swell Collective transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Providing unique content
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – The Swell Collective uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – The Swell Collective uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. The Swell Collective sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and www.allaboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us